Technical Details for Adjusting Campus Spam Filters
- IP address of the CUTE mail-relay:
- EMEA and Asia Pacific use the IP address range 184.108.40.206/22
- All other regions use the IP address range 220.127.116.11/22
- Sending account: CUTE Survey <email@example.com>
- Sending speed: Messages are sent in small batches, sending up to 300 emails every 20 seconds for large distributions.
- Sending window: Between 8 a.m. and 8 p.m. EST on your scheduled delivery days. CUTE is unable to specify the exact hours messages will be delivered due to volume on servers.
What CUTE Does
During administration, we monitor response and bounce rates for potential problems and contact institutions if one is detected.
Potential Issues with Commercial Email Providers (MS Live, Gmail, etc.)
Commercial email providers typically do not provide transparency enabling clients to confirm that messages have been successfully delivered to instructional staff (faculty, instructors, graduate students who teach, etc.) inboxes. If your campus uses such a service, it means that in most cases you will not be able to confirm one way or another whether technical issues are impacting response rate. Once CUTE sends a message, we cannot track delivery.
Working with Campus Proxy Servers and Cookies
We aren’t able to administer the survey if both a proxy server is used and cookies are not enabled. We recommend that institutions using proxy servers make an exception for the CUTE web survey address so that a consistent IP address is reported. Given the popularity of Qualtrics at most institutions, we find instructional staff and institutional servers are receptive to the survey. Our staff can work with individual instructional staff on temporarily adjusting their browser to enable cookies, but we would prefer to preempt the problem if at all possible.
For more information about preparing for message delivery, see advice from Qualtrics.